Monday, July 29, 2002

The Vacation - Day 8

Going Home

Hurrah! Going home! Not that I was happy to end my vacation, but I was definitely ready to get back to where I understood the weather and how to cope with it. We packed the last of everything up and headed towards checkout. While I sat in the lobby while Andy got the car a group of college guys staggered down the hallway towards the front door. When they hit the bright sunlight everyone of them groaned, giggled, and then wobbled out the door. They were obviously still drunk from whenever their partying stopped. Since it was only about 7 AM I'm guessing they hadn't stopped much earlier. They came back in about 10 minutes so I'm not sure where they had to go. Maybe to the grocery store across the way for more booze. Or some hangover remedy.

Is anyone else queasy?

Not much happened dropping off the car, getting onto the plane, getting into the air.

Coming down in Chicago was a different story. There was turbulence. Quite a bit. There were thunderstorms around Chicago making every thing a little bumpy. Flying out wasn't a picnic either. As the stewardess was bringing the drink cart through I overheard her talking to someone else..."Oh this isn't bad. We were on a really bad flight the other day. We hit a big bump and I screamed." That didn't really inspire my confidence. If turbulence made this woman scream, what would happen if something worse went down??

Ahhhh good old MD humidity

We landed back in good old MD. Yes, it's sticky. Yes, the air quality is about the worst in the nation. But I haven't found anywhere else in the country that I would rather live. Of course I've only seen a small portion of the rest of the country...but nothing compares to home.

In my own bed

Back home, with my own dog, my own kitchen, my own everything. Especially my own bed. It's amazing how used you get to your own pillows lumps and your own mattress's divets.

Vacation was lovely, but it's good to be back.

No comments: