Monday, July 08, 2002

I'm so behind

Had a lovely long weekend once I left work on Friday. I should've blogged then...I was really bored, but I got caught up in some intense playing of Diamond Mine instead. That's one addictive game I tell you!

So aside from that we had a very restful weekend. We went to Georgetown on Thursday and picked up my birthday present...a new rug from, you guessed it, Restoration Hardware! It goes beautifully in our living room and it actually looks like a real living room now.

On Friday, I went in to work while Andy got to sleep, lucky dog! But I left early and came home to wait with him on my other birthday present, this one from my Dad. A delivery from you guessed it again Restoration Hardware. Really, they're going to start taking catalog pictures from our house.

The present from my dad was funny actually, he had ordered it from the catalog and was having it sent since my folks are currently living in Alice Springs. When the store called to schedule delivery, I'd already gotten a heads up from my grandmother so it wasn't a total shock. The total shock was when the folks at the warehouse wouldn't tell me what was being sent! I explained the situation when I called them and they said "If it's a surprise birthday present why do you want me to tell you? I'm not telling you now, you shouldn't have told me it was a birthday present." So it stayed a surprise until Friday when the truck showed up.

It turned out to be a lovely little wine rack that we had been eyeing for a while but just hadn't it made it onto the "we must buy this now" list. It made a beautiful addition to our dining room and Saturday we went out and bought some wine to fill it up with, since we only had one bottle. And it wasn't really wine it's more like sherry. It actually made me think of that scene from Wayne's World....A gun rack. What would I do with a gun rack? I don't even own A gun. Let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

Guess we've got to start drinking more, or having more people over to help us drink some wine, now that we have a place to put it.

No comments: