Wednesday, May 29, 2002

The poor little thing

I'm driving to work this morning and the car in front of me slows and weaves a little and then goes the remaining 15 feet to the stop light. I'm sitting behind this freak wondering what's going on. As I pull up a little I see a turtle trying very hard to cross the road. I think to myself Aha! that's what the problem was. So I'm watching in my rear view mirror as I stop at the light to see if the turtle makes it across.

You know that car that was in front of me? The woman makes a U-turn at the red light zooms back the other direction and hits the turtle. She wasn't slowing down and weaving to avoid the turtle. She was planning to make a U-turn mid-street and I came up behind her and ruined it.

At this point I'm in tears over the turtle only to see 2 more cars hit the poor little thing. Hopefully it was already well out of it's misery at that point.

Sometimes life just sucks.

No comments: