Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Little Kitty Face?

I apparently talk in my sleep, and more often than not I laugh or giggle. I terrified my roomates in college by waking them up to long loud cackles at 3 in the morning. This is also something it looks like I'm not going to grow out of like I did my sleepwalking. I still giggle. Every night, according to Andy. If he catches me just right he can ask "What's so funny?" and I'll actually answer in my sleep. If he keeps talking to me long enough though I'll start to wake up and get pissy.

Last night was no different and to give you an idea of what the poor man has to live with this is roughly what happened. He comes into the room. I start to giggle. He asks "What's so funny?" I reply The little kitty face... "What little kitty face?" At this point I start to become slightly coherent and get pissy. You know. The cat at Middlebury. "What cat? What are you talking about?"

Now up until this point I don't remember a thing. The next bit I do remember as being sort of awake and asking Why do you care? Just let me sleep! It's just a cat!

In the back of my mind somewhere part of me wondered why I was talking to him about a cat, but after he stopped talking I zonked out like I always do. I never remember any of it the next day, Andy will usually fill me on what the latest topic of sleep talk was about. Sometimes it's hysterical but most of the time it's just weird.

I get to make fun of him though, because once in a blue moon he'll say something in his sleep. My favorite was the rhyming night "What about the keys? What about the peas? What about the bees?" And just about everything else that rhymed.

Maybe it was a flashback to his Sesame Street days. I couldn't even begin to guess why I was dreaming about a cat in Vermont.

No comments: