Friday, April 26, 2002

I've been trying to get healthier (read lose some weight) hence the joining of the gym back in February. Not much luck so far, but if you do it right it's supposed to be slow, right? Well, I've been trying to run around our lake when it's nice, since it's good for the dog and me, but usually I'll go about a quarter of a mile and switch to walking.

Last night I skipped my Pilates class, I just felt like pounding something after being on the phone all day, and that would have been too soothing/relaxing to the point that I probably would've punched the instructor. I decided to see if I could run the whole mile and a half around our lake instead. One of our friends has recently taken up marathon running (bravo!) and with the thought in my head that if she could run 20 miles, surely I could run a mile and a half, asthma and all.

So that's what I did. It felt so good, and I was so pumped up afterwards I cleaned our basement and cleared out the bookcase and entertainment center that we're giving away. The catch? Now that I know I can make it all the way around, I'll have to run the whole way around from now on. The curse of progress!

No comments: