Thursday, March 06, 2008

Awww...poop - Month 3

Aidan turned three months old this week. It's so hard to believe he's been here 3 months already. Some days it feels like he's always been part of my life, and others it comes as a shock that it's been 3 months already.

Aidan's developed a new habit of pooping in the tub while I give him a bath. It's happened twice already this week, I have to say it's not particularly my favorite. Although the spit-up still wins the award for my least favorite thing to deal with. So given this new habit I thought I'd be smart today and wait until after he pooped to give him a bath. Smart, right? SMRT.

So you know what's coming, don't you? He pooped in the tub. Not once, not even twice, but 4 separate times. Each time I'd get the poop cleaned up and think, ok now, surely we're done, let's be clean, he'd go again. It was almost funny. Well, it'll be funny tomorrow anyway.

It hasn't all been poop, Aidan's been smiling and cooing at us, and he's very close to laughing. That's the best feeling in the world, when I go to pick him up and he gives me that huge gummy grin. Everything about him gets better and better every day, and the first day he got here was a mighty fine day. I can't imagine life without him.

I've also been having a harder time dealing with the loss of Stuart this month. I keep wondering if Stuart would've slept through the night so quickly? Would he have been as colicky? Would he like to nap, unlike his brother? What would his cries, and coos and gurgles have sounded like? Mostly I wonder what he would have been like as a big brother. I can only guess he would have been as calm and gentle as he was when he was here, but surely with me and Andy as his parents he would caused some sort of trouble.

I won't get to find out, but I can thank God every day for Aidan being here. So I think that's what I'll do. Poop and all.

No comments: