Sunday, March 30, 2008

Unemployed

Well, I did it. Friday was my last day at work. I went back to my office for two weeks to help clean up anything that wasn't already handed off from my maternity leave. I'm not sure I managed to do anything particularly helpful, but I did at least get some filing done.

Having kids and being able to stay at home with them has always been a kind of pipe dream for me, and now, unbelievably, I get to do exactly that. Not that I won't miss the friends I made at the office, but I would miss Aidan even more. I told them all, I'm so sorry but there's just no comparison.

It will feel a little odd tomorrow not getting up to go to work, but after 10 years of doing something that was never really a passion for me, I think I'll get over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky. . . Gosh!

Unknown said...

We've always considered ourselves lucky to have a parent stay home. We think it makes a big difference in the overall quality of life for everyone in our house. Glad you guys get to make it work!