Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Traditions

Maryland may technically be south of the Mason-Dixon line, but we certainly aren't a "southern" state. For example, you can only get Pecan Nougat eggs/logs at Easter here. Further south you can find them throughout the year. How do I know? My family's from Tennessee. I've made a few road trips through the land of Dixie.

Since they're a rarity here at home, when the pecan eggs make their appearance at Easter-time I always buy two large ones. Ostensibly (Yes, I used a big word. I'm a reader, get over it), one for Andy and one for me. It's become an Easter tradition.

Last night I caved in to my other annual Easter tradition, asking Andy if he minds if I eat his pecan egg.

I don't think that even once, during the 5 years we dated and the 9 years we've been married, has he ever actually been allowed to eat his Easter pecan egg.

Sorry honey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pecan. Ew. Nougat. Ew. Eggs. Ew.

It's all about the Cadburys! If only Milk Trays were available at Easter.