Saturday, March 15, 2008

Concentration

Some days it feels like I'm playing Concentration. You know the game where you have to fit all the little pieces in the board before the timer runs out? And if you don't all the pieces pop out and fly everywhere and you have to start all over again.

It starts if I can get Aidan down for a nap. He's not really a good napper, and until very recently, wouldn't fall asleep or stay asleep during the day anywhere but in my arms. Even then we'd get about 15 solid minutes. Thankfully, that habit has been broken and I can put him down in the crib. But it's still anyone's guess as to whether he'll sleep for 15 minutes or 2 hours.

So I set him down...tick tick tick tick...can I shower, brush my teeth, get the laundry started, the dishes, done, feed the dog and let him out, vacuum, start dinner, and maybe, just maybe go pee????

BUZZZZZZZZ, time's up!!! We're sorry, you only succeeded in getting halfway through that shower, and now your baby is crying!

No comments: