Wednesday, September 18, 2002

The world should be my oyster

And should be wide open. I think we should all be able to live and work wherever we damn well please. I would move to Europe somewhere and live happily eating Belgian chocloate and riding the tube, working in an office with other interesting Europeans. I would pay the necessary taxes while I lived there, I would be a very nice person. Why does there have to be so much red tape to do these kinds of things. Is that there are actually people out there that enjoy legal work? Or is it because a couple of nuts along the lines have spoiled it for the rest of us? Why can't world travel, living and employment be open to everyone in every country across the world? Would certain countries become incredibly overrun?

What brought this on? Trying to get legal work taken care of for our newest employee. You would not believe the immense about of paper shuffling that has to happen to hire one out-of towner. Wouldn't it be nice if all we had to do was say "Come on board" regardless of where the person came from?

No comments: