Thursday, September 19, 2002

Oh the Smells you can Smell

My nose has had a habit of not working on occasion. Like pretty much not since I was born. But every once in a while my head clears and presto I can smell the world again. The only problem with this is it can be quite overwhelming. Today at the mall for example.

I walked in and smelled the salon and several varieties of hairspray. I walked into a shoe store and got that wonderful scent of new leather. I walked into a clothes store and smelled that sizing crap that put on all new clothes so they'll fold nicely. I was bombarded with flower/fruit/soap smells from Bath & Body Works from the other side of the hallway. I walked into a Halloween store (yes! can you believe it? they're already open) and smelled that strange combination of thick makeup and foam rubber.

But the best part, after I was dizzy from all the sensations, was that I got to smell lunch when I ate it. Split pea soup with ham, in a sourdough bread bowl. MMMMMM.

No comments: