Wednesday, September 25, 2002

I really need to get out more

My posts have been uneventful lately, not to mention particularly uninteresting. Things are slow at work, quiet at home, and all in all...well, uneventful. Not to say my life is boring. Not in the least! But aside from the news, I just haven't experienced much lately to talk about.

This will change shortly I'm sure. I'm going to my first baby shower in 2 weeks. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been to one before, but I was 8. And I have to say I was pretty bored at the time. Now that I understand what's going on and the women at the party are more of my own age, it should be a lot more fun to attend. Plus, I got to shop for baby stuff, which is always cutesy and fun.

My folks are coming home for Thanksgiving. This should provide lots of new material. For those that don't know, my folks moved to Australia almost 2 years ago. This will be the first time I've seen them since then. I talk to my dad a lot about what they're up to, and email is truly a blessing, but nothing beats the in-person thing. They'll be home for about a month, so we're trying to cram as many things into those 4 weeks as humanly possible. Including Thanksgiving and Christmas. My grandmother's been cleaning and straightening like mad at her house, where all the festivities are to occur, and I'm taking the week before Thanksgiving off to help cook, clean, and hang Christmas ornaments. It seemed a little weird at first, but then I saw the malls already have everything out for Christmas anyway. The only truly hard part? What to get them.

Not only will they have to take back whatever we get them (on a 22 hour long plane ride), but it's also the middle of summer there. And not just summer, but middle of the outback summer. Every tried buying summer clothes in September? There aren't any. So what's lightweight, summer-y, and useful in the desert? If you know, please tell me!

So, much to look forward to in the near future. Just hang in there.

No comments: