Wednesday, September 24, 2003

What's going on?

Last night we watched Joe Schmo, a completely addicting non-reality "reality show." This poor man is in a house with 7 actors who are trying desparately to convince him that everything going on is real. This is the third week we've watched, and it's like a giant practical joke that you're in on. The funniest part is watching the actors trying to stay in character or keep from laughing when some new plot twist is revealed. Matt, the main man who is the only one not in on the scheme tends to have these incredible reactions when some new "kink" occurs. He makes the greatest faces, and seems completely confused by the new wrinkles. It reminds me actually of a gag from another great show Trigger Happy TV, in which a person is walking through a hedge maze, and two people dressed up as walls from the maze slowly move closer and closer and hedge the hapless victim in. Watching Matt is like watching those people's reactions. "I know I just came this way, and yet everything has completely changed on me."

Last night, though, we actually watched this show with Andy's mom, younger brother, and grandparents. It happened to be the raunchiest episode yet. Quite a bit of male nudity, a plot twist was thrown in that two of the actors had "slept together" and were being very graphic about it. Every new little bit of potty humor that at home would have made me die laughing, was causing me to inch further and further down into my seat.

Oh well, it's still incredibly funny televsion, just now everyone thinks I have no taste.

No comments: