Friday, December 20, 2002

Car design

First let me start with a funny story about my grandmother. She got a new car a little over a year ago and it had those new levers to open and close the windows. You know, the kind where you push down like a button but then actually pull the little lever up to close them? Well she went to the post box on her way to work and put the window down just fine. Then couldn't figure out how to close it. She started driving towards work and decided the other button on the panel, next to the first button, must be the one you push to close the window. So now both front windows are open. Through process of elimination she pushes the other two buttons and winds up driving to work, on the parkway, with all four car windows open.

Hysterically funny, right?

This morning I got to drive the new car to work. It was raining, well, more misty than anything, when I started anyway. I didn't know how to turn the windshield wipers on. I managed to turn on the rear windshield wipers. I found out how to spray the windshield with wiper fluid. And that was it. The whole way in I held the wiper bar down because that was the only way I could see how to drive. Once I got in, I broke out the manual to see what I was doing wrong or if it was really my car that was broken.

I had turned the right knob at one point, just clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. D'OH!

I'll never laugh at my grandmother and her window incident again.

No comments: