Thursday, November 15, 2007

You know how when you were a kid and Christmas seemed soooo far away?

We had our second to last sonogram yesterday. Assuming, as the doctor said, I don't go into labor early, we'll have only one more before our little boy gets here. Pictures should hopefully be scanned and posted soon. Y'all have simply got to see his little nose. It is quite simply the world's cutest nose ever.

We also got the reassuring news that he now weighs 5 lbs. 11 oz. and should anything happen that would cause him to get here before he's scheduled to get here it would all be ok at this point.

Several things went through my mind after hearing these things. The first being "early labor?" Why have I not considered this as a possibility? My brain had simply accepted that I will have a c-section on the 17th and that's when he'll get here. Somehow it hadn't occurred to me that he might make his own schedule.

The second being, we've edged out of the danger zone now. The worst case scenario at this point isn't bad at all. And with that safely out of the way I can actually start routing for him to get here. So far I've been afraid to be too anxious or excited about him coming in case that actually made him come too soon. But we're good now. I can start actively looking forward to my Christmas present, and MAN does four weeks suddenly feel like the longest time in the world!

No comments: