Friday, November 30, 2007

I am so smart. S...M...R...T

We were watching "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" last night. And a very "bright" frat boy was the contestant. The game show flashed up, as a tidbit, what the boy had gotten on his SATs and they seemed amazingly high for how well he'd been answering the questions up to that point.

I reminded Andy that they'd changed the SATs and the scores were all a lot higher now. I also made the comment that low SAT scores are not something I could comment on considering how low mine were. This is not a subject that has ever come up before, and he asked what exactly I had gotten.

Now, we both went to a Magnet high-school, we've both been in the Talented and Gifted school program since we were 6. We both went to an Honor's college (which my scores were obviously good enough to get me into I might add). We both love to read, and I feel we're pretty well matched on the intelligence level albeit in different areas.

Upon hearing my SAT score he sat bolt upright in the chair. He then proceeded to talk directly to my belly "don't worry little boy, my good genes will wipe out Mommy's bad ones."

The rest of the evening went well after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know BOTH of your scores!