Friday, November 23, 2007

My toes...let me show you them

I had a pedicure today, probably the last one I'll have before the baby gets here (hence the holly, I'm anticipating being pretty tied up before Christmas). I've managed to squeeze in three this year. Usually this is a treat I save just for my birthday, but considering I'm pregnant I threw in a couple extras.

I've always liked having my feet rubbed, I mean who doesn't, right? But it's something that has always relaxed me. When I was little and my grandmother would sit on the front porch in the evenings I would go sit on the old couch next to her and prop my feet up in her lap. She would sit there and just absent-mindedly rub my feet as she watched the happenings on the street and the sun went down.

It's one of my favorite childhood memories.

I've never out-grown it. As a teen-ager, I had a foot-rub deal with a guy I used to lifeguard with. He was willing to rub my feet for as long as I was willing to rub his. It wasn't ever a kinky sort of thing. After walking around barefoot all day on concrete that was hot from the sun, it was simply a mutual appreciation kind of a thing.

So needless to say getting a pedicure is a real treat for me. The pretty toes at the end are definitely a nice touch, but it's the foot rub that I really enjoy.

No comments: