Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Well stocked

We went to BJ's Warehouse over the weekend. I got a deal on a membership through work, and with baby on the way I figured being able to buy diapers in bulk was not a bad idea.

I used to go to warehouse stores with my grandmother when I was younger and I HATED it. They were SO borrrrrringgggg, and who cares about all this stuff? I had similar feelings about going to the hardware store with my dad. There were no toys, why was he so thrilled to be here?

I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that my perceptions have changed. We walked into the building and the massive quantities of things was very appealing although, I must admit, still overwhelming. I know there will be more people in our house to start using things, but for just the two of us it's a little hard to adjust your mentality. Buying in bulk is good, but why don't they just make a four-pack instead of a tenner?

I'm happy to say we managed to adjust well and that we now have enough toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, razor blades, and facial cleanser to last us through the apocalypse. And we were forward-thinking enough to make a gift purchase for an upcoming festive occasion.

Buying in bulk and selflessness! Amazing!

No comments: