Thursday, September 20, 2007

Two and two is four, four and four is eight...

I got to meet with a dietician today to find out what's allowed and what isn't. It all went pretty well. As expected no more cookies/candy/etc. She said I'd be allowed a piece of cake for my baby shower, but that's it sweets-wise.

Other than that I don't think it will be too hard. I was already doing three meals a day with a morning and afternoon snack and usually some sort of nibble before bed. So I've got the meal spacing down. The hard part is figuring out what combination of the amount of protein/starch/fat/vegetable/milk/fruit allotments makes up each meal.

I'm allowed 2 meats, 1 starch, and 1 fat for breakfast. NO milk. NO fruit. So I could have oatmeal and 2 hard boiled eggs. Or 4 sausage links, and half an english muffin with some margarine. Or... or... and that's where I get stuck.

I'll have to sit down this weekend and plot out a menu plan for next week. In the meantime I've gotten some good tips from girlfriends who've had gestational diabetes too.

Peanut butter spread on one slice of whole wheat bread and a cup of milk EXACTLY fits my afternoon snack allotment. Just had that and I'm quite satisfied, thanks Sandy!

No comments: