Monday, October 17, 2005

They weren't joking

So when I first started feeling the baby move everything I read said it would feel like gas bubbles. And when I read these things I thought to myself "Gas bubbles? Are they serious? What exactly does a gas bubble have to do with a baby moving?"

So the first time I felt it move and couldn't decide whether or not that was the baby or the pizza I had for lunch I understood.

With that in mind you'd think I would have believed them when they said soon instead of gas bubbles it will feel like karate kicks. But no. I thought to myself "Karate kicks? Are they serious?"

So last night when the baby did something that seriously felt like it was using my stomach to pole vault itself around I was surprised. And when this activity continued on through the night, enough that I kept waking up and going "OW! Quit it!" I was surprised.

All I can say is, "Sweetie, this is definitely YOUR kid. It doesn't seem to really wake up until about 10 PM. It pulls all-nighters. It sleeps in late. It brings new meaning to our old friends' teasing of being on Porter-Standard-Time."

No comments: