Sunday, October 23, 2005

Huptcha huptcha, quick like a bunny!

Andy's been in India for a little over a week now. A little less than a week to go and he'll be home again.

I never do very well when he's away, and this time in particular has been dragging sooooo slowly.

To add to the fun, the dog doesn't do well when he's away either. Arrow either sulks by the front door until I drag him up to the bedroom, or he becomes devious. Lately, he's chosen devious. I think I prefer sulking.

Sweetie, here's a short list of the things the dog has done while you've been gone:

1. Gotten into the bathroom trash
2. Run around the house like a maniac with one of my shoes
3. Chewed the DVD case of one of the Firefly discs (thankfully the dvd was in the player at the time)
4. Gotten into the kitchen trash
5. Taken over your half of the bed and GROWLS at me if I try and budge him
6. Picked up a dead spider off the floor in the basement, brought it upstairs and put it on top of Laura's purse
7. Gotten into the kitchen trash. Did I say that one already? Yeah, well he's done it repeatedly.
8. Stole and shredded a piece of junk mail from the kitchen table. Just really happy it wasn't a check.
9. Barked at me non-stop for 20 minutes and NOTHING would appease him.
10. And the winner, because it just happened this morning....chewed on the DVD remote. It's just a little dented, it's still good, it's still good.

PLEASE hurry home. We all miss you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi there, i know this is quite random, but i am looking for a cartoon of a bunny rabbit that has quite a few adventures, get kidnapped by aliens, saves easter - and found your blog by typing "Huptcha huptcha, quick like a bunny!" - which is all i remember from the cartoon... maybe the title of your blog came from the cartoon - and if you know what it is - post a comment - or mail me the title karim[at]kurst.co.uk. i would really appreciate it... regards


Karim

myeye said...

The title of this post "huptcha huptcha quick like a bunny" is from an old cartoon, or am I wrong? I have been desperately trying to find the name of this cartoon from my childhood, do you know it?

Laura said...

Unfortunately, I don't. It's just something my Dad always used to say. I'll ask him where it came from.