Friday, July 29, 2005

Some of what I'm posting now is from past weeks, but obviously couldn't post them before we broke the news. So enjoy my fun experiences from my early weeks of pregnancy.

Fun at the grocery store with morning sickness

I've never really had a good sense of smell. What with the allergies, and the breathing problems, I just don't smell things that well.

Apparently all that's changed with the onset of these hormones. I can smell EVERYTHING. I can smell coffee that's being brewed downstairs, even with our bedroom door shut. I can even tell which roast it is.

So I went to the grocery store early this morning on the way to work to pick up a few things. Remember now this is a novelty for me... I smelled the mildew on the mop they were wiping the aisles with, I smelled the yeast from the bakery, I smelled the coffee being ground three rows over, I smelled the spilt milk on the floor near the dairy case. I could smell the fish from the other side of the store. And it was all incredibly nauseating. I thought I would be sick every time I walked another 10 feet.

I think I liked it better when I couldn't smell.

No comments: