Saturday, January 22, 2005

God listens, even long distance

For those that don't live in Maryland (and for those that do and haven't looked outside), we've gotten some snow. About 6 inches of it. Andy's a little upset since he's out of town for our first real sign of winter this year. I was a little upset about having to shovel the driveway myself.

About 30 minutes ago an enterprising youth from the neighborhood just asked if he could shovel my walk. For "I dunno, $5?"

Figuring that would be at least a pathway to the street and one less strip to shovel I said sure! I looked out 10 minutes later figuring he should be about done and I didn't see him. Hoping he hadn't taken off without his money I looked out the door. He was shovelling the entire driveway.

I gave him $10 since it was all I had in my wallet, believe me I would've given him a $20 if I'd had it, I was so grateful.

Sweetie, I know you're praying for me to be looked after while you're gone just like I'm praying for you. I'd say it's definitely working.

No comments: