Tuesday, August 06, 2002

No...NO! DONT PUKE AGAIN!!!

It's been a fun morning. Our dog, eater of all things non-food had ingested some mysterious thing. This has caused a 6 hour vomiting spree. I awoke at 3:30 this morning to that dreaded heaving sound, only to fly out of bed while another pile was being made. Goody. My favorite thing to do. Clean dog puke. At an ungodly hour of the morning.

Just as I had gotten everything cleaned out of the carpet and settled back down to sleep...*HEAVE*. I jumped out of bed cursing, this time waking Andy up. The mess was cleaned and he suggested putting down our camping tarp on the carpet to prevent further accidents. We also opened up the bathroom door for quick rescues if we could catch them in time.

Just drifting off to sleep when Arrow jumps off the bed and starts smacking his lips...I leap with amazing speed and usher him into the bathroom. Just in time! Clean up on tile is much easier.

All went well after that...sort of. Everything went normally until I was in the shower and I heard a noise. PLEASE don't let that be what I think it was...then the smell hits me, yes even in the shower. He had sort of puked half on the carpet, half on the tiles.

That mess got cleaned up and I got Arrow settled back in bed with Andy. Said goodbye and mentioned to Andy that the dog was still puking some, so be wary. As I'm drying my hair..."HELP!"

You got it, more puke. Time for the vet.

We don't know yet what's in there...hopefully just the mate to the sock that was puked up yesterday morning.

No comments: