Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Parenting while sick...blows chunks

So today has been a fun fun fun fun day. Aidan had a flu shot yesterday, which he handled incredibly well actually. But it made him a tad more fussy, hyper, goofy, whatever you want to call it today. All of which would have been perfectly fine, if I hadn't picked up a stomach ailment as well yesterday.

I was up at 2:30 AM last night visiting with the porcelain god, and was generally unwell and unable to sleep until Aidan woke up at 6:15. He then refused to take his morning nap, his afternoon nap lasted all of 20 minutes and by 3:30 I simply set him in the crib so that I could lay my head down for a minute. Thankfully he was so tired at that point that he passed out too and we both had 40 uninterrupted minutes of slumber.

I have an incredible amount of help, and I'm incredibly thankful. Andy called to check on me at lunchtime, and then came home early. And my folks came by for a little visit and occupied Aidan for a bit. My heart goes out to all the single parents who have to wrangle this sort of thing on their own. You are heroes.

And now that I've managed to keep down a few crackers, and Andy's put the baby to bed, I'm going to sleep.

No comments: