Tuesday, June 03, 2008

6 Months!!!

Aidan is half a year old today! It's so wonderful, I can barely stand it.

Yesterday, for the very first time he rolled from his back to his belly. The inspiration? Me laying on the floor saying "come get me." After he got it all figured out he just kept rolling back and forth, back and forth. And looking to me after every time, as if to say "Mommy, this is a fun new game! Why didn't you tell me before?"

We also tried our very first vegetable yesterday. Sweet peas. I'm not a fan of peas unless it's split pea soup, and really then you're just eating ham that the peas sort of walked by. Aidan seems to share my point of view.

More than anything I imagined being a mom is incredibly hard. It's so much harder than I thought it would be, on me, on our relationship, on our poor dog, and I knew it would be hard. On the job training is never easy.

But I can't imagine doing anything else. Aidan fills me with such joy every day. He's filled mine and Andy's life with love, and laughter and it's only going to get more and more rewarding. I know we're all going to make it through the rough places and come out on the other side loving each other all the more for it. That's the best part of my new job.

The perks rock.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! This is one of the best posts I've ever read. You are such an inspiration.

LadyDi said...

The veggie picture is totally awesome!!!!!!! Happy 1/2 year birthday Aidan. Mom you are doing a great job.
ly

LadyDi said...

OK I blew up the picture and its now in my cubie so everyonecan see. I point to Aidan and say, "That's what I think about the situation." hahaha