Monday, February 04, 2008

Month 2

So I haven't written anything Aidan related in a while and I feel like a bit of a bad mom! But, he's usually so awake or fussy during the day, if I have any time free it's spent on catching up around the house.

He had his longest stretch of sleeping through the night ever last night, from 11 PM in his crib (from 10 - 11 he was with me in the rocking chair. I'm not entirely sure when he went to sleep, but 11 is when Andy woke me up and put him in bed), until 4:45 AM! HURRAY for sleep! Then after his breakfast, he went back to sleep without a fight and slept for another 2.5 hours! I'll pay for this later today I'm sure, but for now I'm ready to go!

We have his next doctor's appointment next week, and I'm sort of dreading it. This is the one with several vaccinations. It's not the crying during, it's the crankiness/potential fever afterwards that concerns me. Here's hoping he handles them well.

Aidan's also starting smiling and reacting to us, which has been the most rewarding thing so far. He can follow movement back and forth and LOVES high contrast. All of which are very normal and boring things I'm sure, but it's my baby and it's new to me, ok?

Other than that he's growing like a weed, and I think he's going to be tall, considering how long he is. Day-to-day, we do much the same. Today is supposed to be nice and warm though, so we'll probably take a walk.

No comments: