Sunday, August 12, 2007

My node is stubbed up

Can I just say that of all things that have to be sacrificed during pregnancy, cold medicine is by far the hardest to give up. No alcohol, ok, fine. I don't drink much of anything anyway. No unpasteurized cheese, well, that brie will still be waiting for me in a few months. A little harder is eating meat cooked medium when I prefer it close to bloody (sorry T, I'll never be a convert). But, having a miserable head cold and not being able to take the medicine that would offer a bit of comfort is by far the worst.

I know there are medicines that I can take, but they're the kind that never give me any relief even when I'm not 5 months pregnant. So if they don't work normally, why add the extra chemicals to my body now when I'm being so careful about everything else?

So if you happen to run in to me, I apologize. If the hormones weren't enough to make anyone cranky, that combined with the cold...well, maybe I should stay out of the public domain for the next day or so anyway.

No comments: