Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tearing up

Today while I was changing Stuart's diaper he started making his "crying face." We've only been able to tell when he wasn't happy until now because of the way he'd scrunch up his eyes and open his mouth. The ventilator tube and the feeding tube kept him from making any noise.

He was switched to CPAP a few days ago which means no mean ventilator tube down his throat, and when he made that face as I was changing his diaper Andy said "Oh, look he's crying, is he making any noise?"

I bent down and put my ear up to the door of the isolette and there was a very tiny little cry. And then another. Andy rushed around to the side so he could hear too. It's the first time we've heard Stuart's voice since the night almost 4 weeks ago when he was born.

For those parents that are annoyed when their kids scream at the top of their lungs, or wake you up in the middle of the night crying to be changed or fed...you should count your blessings. COunt them each and every time you get to hear your child crying.

I never thought I'd feel so good about hearing my baby cry.

No comments: