Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Clumsiness. It's not just for elbows anymore.

So I had Christmas lunch with a friend on Thursday. At the mall at the Nordstrom's Cafe, because we are both hopelessly addicted to their food. At lunch we swapped gifts, and I received a lovely set of Christmas plates with snowflakes and snowmen (thank you again T!)

For those who aren't in MD, it poured down rain on Thursday.

As I was walking out of the store to get to my car, I had the box of plates tucked tightly under my arm. I stepped right into a puddle on the ceramic tile floors and my feet started to skid.

First thought to run through my head was surprisingly NOT a curse word. It was "Don't drop the plates!! They'll break!!"

As I skidded and slipped people around me started saying "oh oh oh!" Why didn't they just catch me? I know I must've looked like some sort of movie clip from the Keystone Cops.

I finally stopped once I got both feet on the rubber mats in front of the doors, but somewhere along the line my ankle twisted and my shoe didn't.

A nice man came running up and asked if I was ok. I thought so until I put weight on my left foot. He helped me out the doors into the parking lot. I managed from there.

I got home and started to tell Andy about it, including the hot sick feeling I had when my ankle twisted. But I had to stop part way through since it made him feel "yucky." I don't blame him. It made me feel yucky too.


5 Days Later and the bruising finally stopped
Originally uploaded by lglendinning.


The plates are fine.

No comments: