Friday, February 06, 2004

Back on the horse

I used to swim. In fact I used to swim a lot. As a kid, over the summer, for school, on a USS team. I was super-chlorinated most of the time. If it wasn't swimmer's ear, it was blonde/green hair.

I swam in college for a month, then quit. I swam the following year for a week, then quit. Finally my senior year I swam the whole year.

For 2 years in the working world I didn't go near the water. Then I found a swim buddy and we swam a couple times a week at lunch. Then I changed jobs.

Add on another year, another job change, and add on one more year. My swim buddy just started swimming again. Since I'm close to the pool again, this week I decided to join him.

It sure felt good to be back in that water again.

Maybe I've just been going through chlorine withdrawl.

No comments: