Monday, December 08, 2003

If only we'd had a camera

Last night we had a fire in our fireplace, first one of the season. Wasps tend to nest in our chimney over the summer, and the first fire usually smokes them out. Last night was no different and we had a few of the unwelcome guests. Mostly they were half dead from the cold and smoke, but one lively little fellow came flying out of the chimney. Straight onto my head.

I tried shaking it off, I tried to flick it out. Nothing worked. So what else could I do? Run to the bottom of the stairs and scream at the top of my lungs for Andy. To get down here. NOW!!!!

My hero came. And got the pest off my scalp, and then sent the poor (yet very annoying) creature to a watery grave.

After it was over I thought about how silly I must've looked running around the basement, clutching a strand of hair shouting "Get it out! Get it OUT!!!"

If we'd had a video camera that just might have won us the $10,000.

No comments: