Friday, August 01, 2003

A new addition to the family

WAIT STOP! It's not what you're thinking. My grandmother has gotten a new dog. She's wanted a pug for quite some time. Last week I finally managed to convince her she should actually get one.

For those that don't know of it already, there's a great website out there called petfinder.org where you can search by breed, size, age, or sex of the pet you're looking for and this engine will pull up listings from local or national shelters. I look at it all the time just because they have cute puppy pictures. So on with the story...

I was looking through petfinder and came across a pug that would be arriving to a local shelter. I called about the dog, got some information, and spent the next couple of days telling my grandmother we should go see it. We got to the shelter bright and early Saturday morning and met Penelope. She was a breeder dog that didn't have puppies the last go around, and instead of putting her down, the woman at the shelter convinced the breeder it would be much better to put her up for adoption. So Penelope came home with my grandmother. And after a bath, some food and water, and deciding she would like it there, Penelope claimed us all for her very own.

I get to go visit her tonight, reacquaint her with Arrow (she met him on Saturday too), and if she's as happy to see me tonight as she was Monday evening when I stopped by, my grandmother may have to fight me for her. Of course she would get her right back, because Andy would kill me the minute I brought home a second dog!

No comments: