Tuesday, May 13, 2003

YOW!

I've never been a Listerine fan. Sure and occasional Scope user, but never the heavy duty stuff.

Last night at the grocery store Andy expressed the desire to purchase Listerine. Ok. No Problem. During bedtime prep, between flossing and brushing I decided to give the stuff a whirl. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. No, I know what you're thinking, the taste. Actually they've succeeded in making it taste like slightly medicine-y mint, instead of medicine that had a mint leaf passed over it.

No, it was the burning. They say to gargle for 30 seconds. I barely made 15. Every inch of my mouth felt like it was on fire. My eyes watered up. My mouth opened involuntarily as if to say "Get this crap out!!"

This morning wasn't quite as rough. I made a whole 25 seconds before I couldn't take it. Maybe you build up an immunity eventually. One thing though, I won't laugh at that episode of The Osbornes anymore.

No comments: