Friday, May 09, 2003

The things I saw on Mulberry Street
(ok, it was really the mall)

Andy and I hit the mall last night and number of things struck me funny.

The "woman's" section directly across an aisle from the petites. First, how bad would that make someone feel? And second when they set up the store what were they thinking? Here's where we should put the clothes for people that don't fit in "normal" clothes?

The 15-16 year old in the bathroom having a conversation with her mother that went something like this:
Girl: But with the necklace, earrings, and bracelet it would only be $500...
Mom: I do NOT have $500 to spend on jewlery right now.
Girl: But mom this would last me the rest of my life!

Ok two things with this one. One, the conversation reminded me of a four year old asking for a toy. But mom it could be my birthday and Christmas presents! Same conversation, different toy. Two, who asks their mother for $500 worth of ANYTHING 3 days before Mother's day. Aren't you supposed to be thinking of what to get mom?

And finally an appalling number of flip flops. Everyone under the age of 21 seemed to be wearing a pair. Not the $0.99 kind. The $20 kind from name-brand stores! Who pays $20 for two pieces of foam?

No comments: