Tuesday, November 12, 2002

WHEW!

I'm leaving my current job and going to work for a more stable, more Laura friendly place, not too far away from my house at the beginning of December.

Changing jobs this time was nothing like my last experience. My first job out of school, was my only job for 3 years. When I left the company, most of my co-workers and friends had been laid off or had left, and those who hadn't were cheering me on for my interviews.

This time around, was definitely different. Not that anyone was shocked when I told them I was leaving, but building up the courage to actually tell them was not something I'd speculated for. I'm not sure why I had butterflies. I can't imagine they would have yelled at me. But now that it's out, I feel a lot better. And now I can start prepping for my switch.

Time to pack up the pictures and knick-knacks. Time to make sure all my files are in order. Time to say goodbye.

No comments: