Wednesday, November 20, 2002

They're here!!!

My folks are home. At last. It was so good to see them again. Actually feel them hugging me and not pretending they were while reading an email. I got some presents, which is always good. It reminded me of when I was little and they would go away on a trip. There was always a surprise in the suitcase for me when they got back.

So now 4 lovely weeks of doing things with my folks. I think even just watching tv with them will be great just because I haven't seen them in so long. More details on what we actually do coming soon.

Tuesday morning was actually a little rough. My folks got into BWI late-ish and made it over to my grandmother's by around 9:30. Happiness ensued and by the time we'd all calmed down enough to realize we were tired it was 11 o'clock. Andy and I had a half hour drive home. Delayed by an accident and a fireman who really didn't understand that I COULD have gone through the intersection the three different times the light turned green. I finally made it to bed around midnight. My usual bedtime is between 9-10. Then at 5 am my alarm went off. Time to get up and watch the meteor shower.

I'm really glad I got up. Andy and I bundled up got out the folding chairs and sat down by our lake and watched the show. It was amazing. Streaks of lights going across the sky, every minute or more often. Sometimes 2 or 3 in rapid sucession. I counted about 60 in the 40 minutes I was outside. Then I and the dog got cold and went in. Andy stayed out for longer and saw some pretty cool stuff.

After that I went back to bed. And got up again in an hour. Paying attention at work yesterday wasn't easy. All of it worth it though. Last night sleep hit at about 8:30. Don't know if I dreamed, or talked or what. I was dead to the world until the alarm went off again this morning.

No comments: