Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NICU Tour

We've been invited to tour the new NICU at Shady Grove this evening. It's a hard hat tour since construction is still underway. Which is both good and bad. I'd love to see the sparkling new NICU all kitted out, but also don't think I could maintain any sort of composure seeing all the equipment in it's familiar place.

We haven't been back to Shady Grove since dropping off the digital camera kindly donated by the AFT and stopping in to inform the nurses about Stuart's memorial service. I both want to see the nurses and avoid them. A reaction I'm sure they're only too familiar with.

I'm thrilled that the donations made in Stuart's name are working towards a bigger better place for other babies like him; better equipment, more space, more staff...and I truly hope I'll never, ever have to experience it up close and personal again.

No comments: