Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trying to get out the door...

Aidan and I went to visit one of Andy's cousins with a new baby on Tuesday. Here's how getting out the door on time to make an 11 AM visit in Annapolis went.

9:40 - Woke Aidan up early from his nap, picked him up. Hurray! Happy baby! Oh no...he spewed. Hurray only onto his crib sheets, I'll change those later.

9:45 - Time to change the diaper. Oh no...super poop machine. Hurray! He didn't try to roll around and smear it on everything. Clean diaper ready, oh no...he's peeing everywhere. Hurray! It didn't get on his clothes or mine, I'll change the cover on the changing table later.

10:00 - I'm supposed to be at Mom's house picking her up right now...Hurray put on Aidan's coat! Now into the pack and play while I put on my coat. Oh no...he's pulled his hat and shoes off. Hurray! They're back on. Oh no...they're off again.

10:15 - At Mom's, everyone loading in the car...oh no...we have to stop and pick up bagels.

We actually made it to Annapolis about 11:15 so not late, just sort of fashionable. We all had a lovely time too. Aidan played really well with some of the older boys, and was only a little jealous while I held the new baby. Hurray!

No comments: