Monday, November 03, 2008

11 Months Old



Only a few weeks left, and then I'll have a year-old toddler on my hands instead of an infant! Aidan's accomplished a lot this past month. First assisted steps, water babies, a few signs and almost words. Most notably he can sign 'light' and points to things he wants. He also says "Aaahhrooo" any time he sees Arrow. Actually anytime he sees a dog. The connection is definitely there.

Aidan's also moved almost entirely onto people food instead of baby food. Since he seems to have a distinct dairy allergy this has been a little challenging, especially since what he wants to eat is whatever is on my plate. I don't suppose cutting back on my dairy consumption would kill me, but to have a kid that can't eat mac and cheese?? It's been every dairy product we've tested too, yogurt, cheese, and we even put a little milk directly on his arm to see if he still developed the hives...yup, same effect. From what I've read most kids outgrow it by the time they're two. Here's hoping.

The next month and a half are going to be pretty swamped with Thanksgiving being at our house this year, then Aidan's first birthday, then Christmas, and New Year's...

Next thing you know it'll be Valentine's Day and I'll be coming to saying "What happened?"

No comments: