Thursday, April 03, 2008

Month 4

Aidan turns 4 months old today! He's started grabbing at his toys, not just batting at them. We also occasionally get a little giggle. He's also started doing this funny frantic move when he's on the changing table. I call it the "Kickin' Chicken." He'll pump his legs and arms back and forth like he's running, with his eyes WIDE open, and sometimes with a little squeak of exuberance. It is, without a doubt, the funniest thing ever.

We went to the doctor on Tuesday and everything was good. Aidan's up to nearly 13 lbs, and 25 inches long. We're still another month or two away from solid food, the doc said there was no rush. If he starts seeming ravenous then we could start some rice cereal, but otherwise we're sticking to breastmilk.

Aidan also seems to desperately HATE tummy time, so I've been working on putting toys in front of him, talking to him, putting him on my belly, anything at all to get him to like it more. What I've discovered is we can only tolerate about 5 minutes at a time, in his crib.

So, for your viewing pleasure, I present Aidan and the Funny Birds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He's adorable! And quite chatty! Don't know where he gets that....

Unknown said...

Cameron says "A Baby!". Callie says, "I wish I could be that baby. Because he's so cute."

Laura said...

Awww...thanks guys! I think he's pretty cute too :)

Anonymous said...

my goodness. I have seen your video 3 times, he is so cute. I just giggle.