Monday, May 02, 2005

Sheet

So I went shopping the other day and bought some sheets for our bed. Dull as toast, right? Not quite. We have a pillow-top mattress. Which makes buying sheets a little more difficult. Even if the package says "deep pockets", it doesn't guarantee that the sheets will fit on the bed. So I've taken to looking for sheets that specifically say "fits mattresses up to 15 inches" or bigger. Otherwise the sheets pop off the corners of the bed at the most bizarre times during the night, leaving me to wake up rolled up snuggly in comforter, sheet, fitted sheet, and part of the mattress cover all in one.

Finding sheets this large not only is difficult, but can be absurdly expensive, so for the most part I try to buy sheets at department store discount stores. Unfortunately, this also means selection can be limited.

I finally found after searching, what I considered to be cute sheets. The right size, reasonably priced, and they were striped sheets. I like stripes. These were striped with pastel teal, lavendar, a light yellow and green, and red and orange. A bit Jamaican in flavor almost, in tribute of our upcoming trip.

Perfect.

Until Andy saw them.

He seriously thought they were a joke, claimed they were so loud he wouldn't be able to sleep, that his sore back from the past three nights is a direct result of the sheets, that they look like clown sheets, in fact they look like they should be "Bozo the Clown's underpants."

If I hadn't been laughing so hard at his reaction, I might have been offended. As it is, the sheets are here to stay.

No comments: