Thursday, October 23, 2003

What ever happened to those?

A guy at my office just came over and made a joke about Parkay. Remember those commercials? Butter...Parkaaaayy

And the NTW jingle. It was insipid and stuck in your head, but you always remembered it. (NTW 3000 tires one should fit. NTW because for tires we are it.) And back when CVS was People's Drug? And it's 3 note song, which they tried to carry over with the name change and it just didn't work.

Is this how you start irritating your children? I can't tell you the number of times I rolled my eyes as my folks described some long lost advertising campaign. "Mooooommmm I don't caaaaarrrreeee."

I guess it all comes around. And I don't know who coined it but it's certainly true "The older I get the smarter my parents become."

No comments: