Friday, April 04, 2003

It ain't easy being tween

I've discovered I'm a tween. At least as far as clothes go. I'm too old for the kids stores that I used to frequent. I'm too young for the old people stores that seem to be the only places any more that carry clothes that fit me. I'm too big for a size 10, but I swim in a size 12. I'm too tall for petite pants, but regular length pants require cuffing at least twice or an additional $30 for a trip to the tailor. I'm not tall enough for this season's mid-calf length skirt to look anything but frumpy, but skirts that are any shorter seem to make me look as if I'm heading to work...on the nearest street corner.

I'm fully fed up with clothes, the people who make them, and the six foot, size 2 models that wear them.

I should also mention that shoes are rapidly falling from grace. I've been actively looking for a nice pair of navy blue dress shoes for about 2 years.

Maybe it's time to join a nudist colony.

No comments: