Wednesday, February 05, 2003

This one's for you, Pato

I've been hooked by the media masses. I've become an American Idol Junkie. I actually know the contestants' names. I know some of their backgrounds. I have favorites that I'm rooting for. Last year I couldn't have given a flying fig. This year is entirely different.

Part of it is peer pressure. The girls at the office watch it and so I want to be able to talk about it with them. Part of it is just succumbing to the media. Which for the most part I've avoided. I never saw the Blair Witch Project, I never saw Pulp Fiction, I never saw several other things that have become mainstays of Pop culture, and honestly I don't feel the loss.

Feel free to laugh at me. Feel free to send Andy sympathy cards. And I'll feel free to gloat my little head off if Julia or Patrick wins!

No comments: