Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 Months Old

Today Aidan turns 5 months old, nearly half a year! He's changed so much, I can hardly believe it. I've started getting a lot of smiles and a lot more giggles. Right now, tickling really seems to distress him more than amuse him; he's sort of like his Daddy that way I guess.

We started cereal a few weeks ago and he took straight to it. We've worked our way through rice and barley. Oatmeal's next then any other types. After that comes fruit, bananas and apples first, then others. I've heard some bad things about the end results of bananas so the next few weeks will be an adventure.

Aidan's also started being able to entertain himself somewhat. I can put him in the highchair with some toys and actually almost cook dinner. He also doesn't need to be completely passed out before I put him in his crib. I'm looking into one of those exersaucers for him because he's fascinated with new sights and sounds.

Sitting up is still difficult, but I got him to tripod the other day so we're getting there! I'm also starting to show Aidan some of the baby signs when I talk to him, and he seems fascinated. From all our friends that have used the sign language techniques we've heard amazing things. Plus it's serving as a refresher course for those classes I took 13-14 years ago.

Aidan's been an absolute joy to be with lately, it's certainly made up for those long colicky first days. They were a joy of their own learning how to be a new mom, but it seems that each day just keeps getting better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the adora-baby would really make this post great. :) Hint hint.