Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Little Stuart Update

Stuart's doing well today. He's calm and steady. We've had a couple of really rough days mixed in the past two weeks. Wednesday's seem to be a bad day for him. So far though the doctor's say that there's nothing wrong with him, Stuart's just a very tiny baby. His lungs and heart are functioning, although he does have a heart murmur. Our big scare last week was over his kidneys. They stopped. And then he stopped peeing.

Thanksgiving day everyone around our family and friend's tables gave a huge shout when we spread the news about a VERY wet diaper.

So we've got some very big worries about a very little man. But the doctors and nurses are doing everything they know how to do and they all seem to love him almost as much as we do.

On the plus side we have had more good days than bad. It's like the girl in the bursery rhyme though. The bad ones are very very bad. And the good ones are very very good.

The biggest good news is that Stuart's opened his eyes. Right on schedule since he's now 28 weeks old. They are truly the most beautiful little eyes I've ever seen. Right now it's a huge effort for him to open them but when he does...WHAMO! Shot straight to the heart of me. I can't believe I love him more every day, even though my friends with kids told me that would happen.

It really is true. Every day is more and more precious to me. I believe you now.

No comments: