Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Why am I being penalized????

I went to the mall this evening to pick up a pair of jeans. I headed to my favorite place to get jeans, Eddie Bauer, and started looking through the racks. They're currently having a sale on jeans, buy one pair, get one 50% off. Even better, now I'm excited. I tried on several pairs and found the style I liked. They only came in "stretch" but that's ok, they're for our upcoming vacation, more room for indulgences.

Problem Number one. The "regulars" I tried on were 4 inches too long. With my shoes on. I know I'm not tall at 5' 1", so I came out and asked the clerk if there were any petites.

Problem Number two. "The petites are only available through our catalog."

If had wanted to order clothes from a catalog I would have done and not bothered coming to the mall in the first place. Second sentence out of the sales girl's mouth: "If you place a phone order here in our store they won't charge for shipping. You only have to pay a flat $3 handling fee."

Now, I'm not cheap, I realize $3 is minimal but this hit at just the wrong point today. WHY must I be forced to order clothing through a catalog and pay any additional money simply because the store does not wish to stock several cuts of the same style?

Why do I have to pay more simply because I'm not 6' 3" tall??

I'm not even going to go into the conversation I had with the salesgirl who then tried to talk me into a different style, of which they ALSO did not carry petites of in the store.

No comments: